Chunks of tomatoes are paired with onions and cilantro in this colorful salad. Any combination of ripe summer tomatoes can be used.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 1999
- 2 1/4 pounds yellow and orange tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
Combine tomatoes, onion, lime juice, and cilantro in a bowl. Salt to taste; set aside.
Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the coriander seeds; let fry until they pop, about 5 seconds. Immediately remove from heat, and pour the oil and seeds over tomato salad. Stir gently to combine. Serve within 1 to 2 hours.