Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 1999
- 1 fifteen-ounce container part-skim ricotta
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (12 ounces), stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg white
- Olive-oil cooking spray
Wrap ricotta tightly in fine cheesecloth; place in a colander over a bowl. Place a heavy bowl or cans on top; let drain, refrigerated, for 3 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8 1/2-inch springform pan with olive-oil cooking spray. Place drained ricotta, spinach, basil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth; scrape sides as needed, about 1 minute. Add eggs and egg white; blend about 5 seconds. Pour into prepared pan; bake until set and just brown around the edges, 40 to 45 minutes. Let rest on a cooling rack 5 minutes; run a paring knife around edges before unmolding. Cut into wedges; serve.