Grilled-Shrimp Cocktail with Orange-Horseradish Sauce
Grilled-shrimp cocktail is festive and easy to make; the dipping sauce gets its invigorating flavor from horseradish and fresh orange juice.
- Servings: 8
- Yield: Sauce makes 1 1/3 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 1999
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 50)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a bowl, mix orange juice, orange zest, sour cream, vinegar, and horseradish; stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover orange-horseradish sauce, and chill at last 1 hour, or overnight.
Heat grill or grill pan to medium-hot. Drizzle shrimp with olive oil, and toss to coat. Arrange shrimp on grill, working in batches if necessary. Grill until pink and developing golden-brown marks, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Serve shrimp with orange-horseradish sauce.