Quick Tomato Salsa
To add a splash of color to this popular condiment, try including some yellow tomatoes.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 1999
- 1 pound tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients; let sit 30 minutes.