Shrimp Stir-Fry With Vermouth
- Total Time:
- Servings: 2
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2016
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce, such as sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 4 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, quartered
- Coarse salt
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion, plus scallion greens for serving
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (from a 1-inch piece)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (from 2 stalks)
- Cooked rice and lime wedges, for serving
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vermouth, brown sugar, and chili sauce.
Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over high; swirl in oil. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, scallion, and ginger; cook until shrimp is opaque and golden brown in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add soy mixture and celery; toss to coat. Serve, with rice, scallion greens, and lime wedges.