Mango and Pear Guacamole
Fruity guacamoles popular in the central Mexican states of Morelos and Guanajuato do not include the cilantro common in other versions.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2004
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeÃ±o
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup peeled, cubed (1/2 inch) mango
- 1/4 cup peeled, cubed (1/2 inch) Anjou pear
With a large mortar (such as a molcajete) and pestle (or tejolote), mash onion, jalapeno, and salt until smooth and juicy. Add avocado, and mash slightly (avocado should remain somewhat chunky). Stir in mango and pear. Serve immediately.