Fig, Feta, and Mint Salad
Halved figs on a block of French feta cheese, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with mint leaves and ground black pepper couldn't be easier to make. The feta's saltiness balances the figs' sweetness, while the mint gives an exhilarating bite.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2005
- 1 block (8 ounces) French feta cheese
- 8 ounces fresh figs, halved lengthwise if desired
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
Put feta on a serving platter. Arrange figs over and around feta. Drizzle figs and cheese with oil; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with mint.