Papaya and Grapefruit with Yogurt and Lemon Balm
Start the day with this light breakfast and a cup of Turkish coffee. Sweet, robust papaya and faintly tart grapefruit are arranged with creamy Greek yogurt and drizzled with honey; lemon balm, an herb with a mild citrus taste, harmonizes perfectly without overpowering. Chopped pistachios add some crunch.
- Servings: 2
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2005
- 1/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 pink grapefruit, peel and pith removed
- 2 cups plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 papaya, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon-balm leaves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast the pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and just beginning to turn golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Working over a medium bowl to catch the juice, carefully carve out grapefruit segments from between membranes; set segments aside, and reserve juice for another use. Divide yogurt between 2 serving plates. Arrange grapefruit segments and papaya on plates. Drizzle fruit and yogurt with honey; sprinkle with pistachios and lemon balm, dividing evenly.