Red chile and lime juice impart a bracing freshness to the dressing for corn-and-mango salad; the salad's flavors soften the assertiveness of the vinaigrette's.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2005
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (from 6 cooked ears of corn)
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (2 cups)
- 10 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, cut into very thin matchsticks
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh red chile (1 to 2 chiles)
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 7 limes)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
Toss corn, mango, scallions, chile, lime juice, and salt in a large bowl. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes, or up to 2 days. Serve cold or at room temperature.