Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2005
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces mushrooms (such as white button or cremini), trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 ounces finely grated cheddar cheese (about 2/3 cup)
Melt butter with oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Raise heat to high. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are browned and softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme; cook 30 seconds.
Transfer to a bowl; let cool completely. Stir in cheese.