Green Curry Paste for Thai Tofu and Vegetables
Make this for our Thai Green Curry with Tofu and Vegetables.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2005
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, bottom 4 inches only, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh Thai or regular basil leaves
- 5 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 fresh green Thai chiles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 fresh or frozen kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.