In Argentina, garlicky herb-flecked chimichurri, a condiment as prevalent there as ketchup is in the United States, is spooned over all manner of grilled meats, especially steak.
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried red chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Stir together all ingredients in a bowl. Serve cold or at room temperature.