Mango and Papaya Salsa
Ripe fruit is essential to the flavor and texture of this mellow mixture (it has only a bit of heat from the jalapeno), so choose fragrant specimens that yield to a gentle squeeze.
- Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
- 1 ripe mango, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 ripe papaya, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 scallions, white and pale-green parts, plus dark-green parts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Stir all ingredients in a bowl. Garnish with scallions.