Mini Vegetable Frittatas
These nibbles can be prepared in quantity without much fuss.
- Yield: Makes 4 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 18 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 medium zucchini (about 5 ounces), trimmed and cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 4 to 6 white mushrooms, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, flesh cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, flesh cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere or fontina cheese (about 2 ounces)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat four 12-cup or two 24-cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray; set aside. Whisk eggs, salt, pepper, and chives in a large bowl; set aside. Put 1 zucchini round, 1 mushroom slice, and about 1 teaspoon bell peppers into each muffin cup. Ladle egg mixture into each cup to fill; sprinkle with cheese, dividing evenly. Bake until set, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.