Beets with Citrus-Mint Dressing
A salad of beets with citrus-mint dressing adds a bright note to your meal.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2006
- 7 medium golden beets, scrubbed well
- 10 baby Chioggia or baby red beets, trimmed, scrubbed well
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
Place golden beets in a medium saucepan, and baby beets in a small saucepan; add water to cover beets by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until beets are tender, 40 to 45 minutes for golden beets and 15 to 20 minutes for baby beets. Drain beets, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
Peel beets. Cut the golden beets crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and cut baby beets in half lengthwise. Arrange beets on a serving platter.
Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, and oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the mint. Drizzle beets with the citrus-mint dressing, and garnish with mint sprigs.