Endive Spears with Smoked Sable and Sauce Raifort
Add these to your menu of tempting hors d'oeuvres for a festive white theme that is perfect for a casual holiday open house.
- Servings: 24
Photography: Gentl and Hyers
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2000
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated or prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces endive (about 3 heads), leaves separated
- 3 ounces smoked sable or trout, torn into small pieces
Make sauce raifort: Whip cream until soft peaks form. Stir in horseradish and zest. Season with salt and pepper. Place 2 teaspoons sauce raifort on each endive spear; top with a piece of smoked sable.