Pickled Hot Hungarian Wax Chiles
With their brilliant color and feisty attitude, hot peppers bring vibrancy to any table.
- Yield: Makes about 12 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2006
- 7 cups white-wine or champagne vinegar
- 7 bay leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 3/4 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 whole cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 11 to 12 Hungarian Wax chiles, washed and dried
Place all the ingredients except the chiles in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Divide chiles among airtight, glass containers. Pour hot mixture into containers to cover chiles. Let cool completely. Cover, and refrigerate at least 3 days or up to 1 month.