Arugula, Zucchini, and Parmesan Salad
A mandoline or a handheld slicer is ideal for cutting the vegetables into thin, even rounds. A sharp knife also works well.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2008
- 6 cups arugula leaves (from 3 bunches)
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
Toss together arugula, zucchini, and squash in a salad bowl. Whisk together oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad. Using a cheese plane or a vegetable peeler, shave cheese over the top.