Mustard-Rosemary Chicken With Carrots and Potatoes
This recipe applies the one-pot concept to a single baking sheet, where the ingredients come together. Chicken drumsticks and thighs are the protein-packed stars of the meal.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 12 thin carrots, greens trimmed but left intact
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus 3 sprigs
- 4 skinless chicken thighs (3 1/2 ounces each)
- 4 skinless chicken drumsticks (6 ounces each)
- 8 baby Yukon Gold or Red Bliss potatoes (8 ounces), halved
- 1 lemon, halved
- Freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss together carrots, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Spread out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until carrots begin to soften and caramelize, 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine mustard, garlic, chopped rosemary, and 2 teaspoons oil in another bowl. Rub mixture over chicken pieces to coat. Toss together remaining teaspoon oil and the potatoes in a bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Remove baking sheet from oven, and add chicken, potatoes, and rosemary sprigs to carrots. Bake until chicken is slightly golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees, about 45 minutes. Squeeze lemon on top, and season with pepper.