New Classic Margaritas
The true margarita--a blend of lime juice, orange liqueur, and tequila--is racy and streamlined, a drink that balances sour, sweet, and salty sensations against the electrifying flavor of Mexico's most famous spirit.
- Yield: Makes 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2007
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) silver tequila
- 3 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) Cointreau
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, plus 4 lime wedges, for garnish
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, plus 4 lemon wedges, for garnish
- 4 teaspoons fresh orange juice, plus 4 orange wedges, for garnish
- 4 cups small ice cubes
Combine all ingredients except citrus wedges in a pitcher. Divide citrus wedges among glasses; pour in margarita.