Oven-Dried Tomatoes with Thyme
We used a combination of red, yellow, orange, and green tomatoes.
- Yield: Makes 20
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2007
- 10 paste tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 20 sprigs fresh thyme, plus 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for filling jar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place tomatoes, cut sides up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place a garlic slice on each tomato. Scatter thyme sprigs and leaves over tomatoes. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake until tomatoes are shriveled but still soft, about 5 hours. Let cool completely on sheet on a wire rack. Transfer tomatoes to a jar; add oil to cover. Tomatoes can be refrigerated up to 3 days.