Lacy Coconut Crisps
Lace is fitting, even for dessert. Drops of coconut cookie dough flatten into chewy, lacy delicacies when baked in the oven.
- Yield: Makes about 6 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2007
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, and salt into a medium bowl. Add coconut milk, and stir until well combined. Stir in vanilla and shredded coconut. Add butter, and stir until combined. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Drop teaspoons of batter onto baking sheets lined with nonstick baking mats, spacing about 3 1/2 inches apart. Using moistened fingers, gently flatten cookies to the size of quarters.
Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are flat and edges are golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks; let cool completely. Wipe mats and cool sheets between batches.