Quick Dumpling Dipping Sauce
Keep a bag of frozen dumplings on hand and mix our tasty dipping sauce while you heat them -- they make fine hors d'oeuvres for last-minute holiday visitors, or a light, easy dinner with steamed vegetables or rice.
- Yield: This quantity for a dozen dumplings.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2005
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1 finely chopped scallion, white and pale-green parts only
Prepare the dumplings according to package instructions.
Stir the ingredients together in a small bowl, and serve sauce alongside the dumplings.