No-Bake Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Not all cheesecakes are baked; this eggless version is just cream cheese, lemon juice, sugar, and heavy cream over a gingersnap crust. Still, it's so rich that one cake is enough for a dozen slices.
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2004
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground cookies (8 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
Stir together cookie crumbs, melted butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Put cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, add remaining cup sugar in a slow, steady stream. Add lemon juice; mix until combined.
Beat cream in a clean mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream with a rubber spatula into cream cheese filling. Pour over crust. Freeze 1 hour. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 30 minutes.