Marmalade Whiskey Sours
It's worth seeking out high-quality maraschino cherries, such as those from the brand Tillen Farms -- they're free of artificial color.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: David Malosh
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2016
- 20 ounces bourbon (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 4 limes)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon angostura bitters
- Crushed ice and maraschino cherries in liquid, for serving
Combine bourbon, lime juice, sugar, marmalade, and bitters in a pitcher. Stir vigorously until sugar and marmalade are dissolved.
Fill rocks glasses with crushed ice, top with bourbon mixture, and serve each with a maraschino cherry and a drizzle of cherry liquid.