Baby Bok Choy Slaw
If you're making the slaw more than an hour in advance, keep it in the refrigerator; let it stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: David Malosh
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2016
- 3 pounds baby bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 2 chile peppers, such as Fresno or serrano, thinly sliced into rounds, ribs and seeds removed for less heat if desired
- Coarse salt
Toss together bok choy, vinegar, both oils, and chiles in a large bowl. Season with salt. Let stand until bok choy collapses to half its volume (it will darken slightly), at least 20 minutes. Toss again before serving.