A classic dusting of confectioners' sugar tops this strawberries-and-cream-filled crepe.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Mike Krautter
- 2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (from 1 16-ounce box)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- Sweetened Crepes
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving
In a small bowl, mix strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk cream until glossy. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla, and whisk until soft peaks form. Stir in mascarpone.
Working one at a time, place sweetened crepe on work surface; spread about 2 heaping tablespoons mascarpone mixture over half. Sprinkle about 3 tablespoons strawberries on top and fold in half, then fold again. Continue to assemble crepes. Top with a dollop of mascarpone cream and strawberries. Dust with confectioners' sugar.