Spices add a complementary note to most cream-based cocktails -- grated nutmeg and aromatic star anise add flavorful dimension while also providing a visual accent in this recipe from Sas Stewart of Stonecutter Spirits.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1
Photography: Mike Krautter
- 1/4 cup Stonecutter Spirits Single Barrel Gin (2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cream (3/4 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon creme de cacao (1/2 ounce)
- 3 to 4 dashes Jamaican or Angostura bitters
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for sprinkling
- 1 star anise, for topping
Shake together gin, cream, creme de cacao, and bitters vigorously with ice in a cocktail shaker for 8 to 12 seconds. Strain into a chilled brandy snifter glass. Sprinkle with nutmeg and float star anise.