Bourbon Ball Milk Shakes
This heavenly milk shake, based on bite-size Southern candies called Bourbon Balls, combines bourbon, which has lovely vanilla undertones, with vanilla ice cream for a perfect flavor match.
- Yield: Makes 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2009
- 12 large scoops (about 1/2 gallon) vanilla ice cream
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) bourbon, preferably Woodford Reserve
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, plus 1/4 cup, whipped, for serving
- 1 cup walnut halves, plus more chopped for garnish
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
Puree ice cream, bourbon, heavy cream, walnuts, and chocolate chips in a blender. Divide among four 16-ounce glasses.
Top with whipped cream. Garnish with walnuts and chocolate chips.