Use this recipe to top our Hermit Bars.
- Yield: Makes 3/4 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2002
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, plus more as needed
Combine brown sugar, milk, and butter in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, and whisk in vanilla and confectioners' sugar. If the icing is too thick to drizzle, stir in a little more milk. If it is too thin, add a little more confectioners' sugar. Let cool slightly before using.