Greek Salad Pita Wrap
Thinly sliced cucumbers lend crunch to these portable wraps. Salty olives and feta, used in moderation, keep the classic salad tasty but healthy.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Raymond Hom
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2010
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat (2 percent) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 2 small cucumbers, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (3/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together yogurt, lemon zest, and garlic. Arrange pitas on a baking sheet; bake until warmed and pliable, about 3 minutes.
Toss together lemon juice, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, feta, olives, and parsley. Divide yogurt mixture among pitas, and spread. Divide salad mixture among pitas; roll to close. Wrap in parchment to secure.