Tomato and Bean Salad with Garlic-Chive Blossoms
Crunchy green beans, orange cherry tomatoes, and yellow pear tomatoes are tossed with a simple garlic-chive vinaigrette and garlic-chive blossoms, making a lively spring salad. The dainty flowers give the vegetables fragrance in addition to an agree able bite.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2002
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved
- 12 ounces orange cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup garlic-chive blossoms
- Freshly ground pepper
Prepare vinaigrette: Combine shallot, vinegar, and garlic chives in a small bowl; let ingredients macerate 10 minutes. Add olive oil slowly, whisking until emulsified. Set aside.
Prepare an ice bath; set aside. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil; add 1 teaspoon salt. Add green beans; cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Transfer to ice bath to stop cooking. Drain in a colander, and pat dry with paper towels.
Combine green beans, tomatoes, and garlic-chive blossoms in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.