Endive with Pears, Walnuts, and Roquefort
This is a classic combination: a salty-sweet salad of blue cheese, pears, and walnuts.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Anna Williams
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2003
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 large heads endive (about 13 ounces), outer leaves reserved, remaining leaves sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pear, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut halves
- 1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in oils; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine whole and cut-up endive, pear slices, walnuts, and cheese. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat evenly. Divide among four salad bowls. Serve immediately.