Winter White Salad with Champagne Vinegar
Champagne vinegar awakens the subtle flavors found in daikon and endive.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 2015
- 3/4 pound daikon radish (from 1 large or 2 small daikons), peeled lengthwise into strips
- 4 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 3 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, sliced thinly on the bias
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper
Place daikon strips in a bowl of ice water until they curl; drain and pat dry.
In a large bowl, combine daikon, endive, and scallions. Drizzle with oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve.