To turn these simple but delicious snacks into Halloween party favors, wrap them in cellophane bags and tie them with orange and black ribbons.
- Yield: Makes about 1 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1999/2000
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for hands
- 1 bag (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolates (optional)
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside. Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottom pot over low heat. Add marshmallows and brown sugar; stir until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
Add popcorn, and candies if desired; toss until well combined. With buttered hands, shape into 2 1/2-inch balls. Let harden slightly on lined baking sheet.