Oatmeal Tart Dough
Use this crust to make our Swiss Chard and Goat Cheese Galette.
- Yield: Makes enough for 1 ten-inch tart
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2003
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
In a food processor, pulse the flours, oats, and salt to combine. Add the butter, cream cheese, and egg yolk, and process until the dough just holds together, 15 to 20 seconds.
Turn out dough onto a clean work surface. Flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic; chill at least 1 hour or overnight.