Chocolate Frosting for Pinecone Cake
Use this chocolate frosting to make our Pinecone Cakes.
- Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Photography: Sang An
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2003
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Into a medium bowl, sift together sugar and cocoa. Whisk in butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth. If not using immediately, refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.