Refreshing Frozen Bloody Marys
Our Bloody Marys look different, but all 3 use traditional ingredients -- tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, hot-pepper sauce, and salt. Red, yellow, or orange tomatoes give each a unique hue.
- Servings: 2
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2004
- 1/2 cup bottled red tomato juice, or fresh yellow or orange tomato juice extracted with a juicer
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh tomato chunks, frozen
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (use just 1 teaspoon with yellow or orange tomatoes)
- 3 dashes hotpepper sauce
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups small ice cubes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Blend tomato juice, lemon juice, frozen tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, hot-pepper sauce, vodka, salt, and ice in a blender until smooth; season with black pepper. Divide mixture between two glasses.