Tequila Lime Curd
The lime curd may be made up to 1 day in advance.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest, plus 6 tablespoons fresh juice (from 8 limes)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cointreau (optional)
Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan; add egg yolks, lime zest and juice, butter and salt and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Strain curd through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Stir in tequila and Cointreau, if using. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate 1 hour.