Alexis’s Egg-Salad Sandwiches
If you'd like, use a large, round wholewheat loaf (left), and cut into wedges.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television, April 2000
- 9 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup homemade or best-quality storebought mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 1 medium celery stalk, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard, or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon mild Madras-style curry powder (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 to 12 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 small head radicchio, leaves separated
- 1 small bunch arugula, trimmed (optional)
Stir together eggs, mayonnaise, celery, dry mustard, and curry, if desired, in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread one side of each slice of bread with mayonnaise. Top half of slices with radicchio, and arugula, if desired; spread with egg salad. Top with remaining bread.