Use this dough for our Goat Cheese, Tomato, and Caramelized Onion Tart.
- Yield: Makes enough for one 14-by-12-inch tart
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2006
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for bowl
- 6 tablespoons warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
Brush a large bowl with oil; set aside. Stir together water, sugar, and yeast in a medium bowl until yeast has dissolved. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
Stir together flour, rosemary, and salt in a medium bowl. Add oil to yeast mixture; stir into flour mixture until a dough forms. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead with floured hands until smooth, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to oiled bowl; turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
Remove plastic wrap; punch down dough. Shape into a round. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise again until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.