Prosecco, Champagne's lively Italian cousin, paired with tart limoncello liqueur makes a great cocktail -- and an even better dessert.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2008
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon (from two 1/4-ounce envelopes) unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine)
- 3/4 cup limoncello (Italian lemon liqueur)
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 thin lemon slices, for garnish
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
Heat Prosecco, limoncello, sparkling water, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and softened gelatin, and whisk until gelatin dissolves.
Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish. Refrigerate until set, at least 45 minutes (or overnight). Cut into 4 portions, and garnish with lemon slices and mint.