Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Green Herb Sauce
A head of cauliflower becomes browned, nutty, and so tender it's scoopable when roasted whole. Serve it with a stirred-together fresh-herb sauce, fragrant with cilantro and parsley.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
Photography: Martyn Thompson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2015
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place cauliflower on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Brush with 1/4 cup oil; season with salt and pepper. Pull short sides of parchment over cauliflower and fold one end over other a few times to seal. Fold long ends of parchment under cauliflower to create a packet. Roast until knife-tender, about 40 minutes. Tear open parchment at top; roast until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Stir together parsley, cilantro, garlic, mustard, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 cup oil in a small bowl to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve cauliflower warm, with sauce alongside.