Pate Sucree for Flag Berry Tart
Use this to make our Flag Berry Tart.
- Yield: Makes enough for two 4-by-14-inch tarts
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ice water, plus more if needed
Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor to combine. Add butter; process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. Add yolks; pulse. With machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream through feed tube until dough just holds together (no longer than 20 seconds). Divide in half; shape each into a rectangle. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 2 hours (up to 2 days).