Baked Clam Dip
This hot seafood dip, served with potato chips, is an ode to the salt spray of the New England coast.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
Photography: Mike Krautter
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2015
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cans (6.5 ounces each) whole clams, such as Bar Harbor Premium, drained and coarsely chopped, 3 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more for sprinkling
- Coarse salt
- Potato chips, for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together cream cheese and sour cream in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in clams and liquid, Worcestershire, shallot, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until combined. Transfer mixture to a 2 1/2-to-3-cup baking dish.
Bake until bubbly and top is golden brown in spots, about 30 minutes. Serve warm, sprinkled with cayenne, with potato chips.