Barbecue Sauce for Pulled-Pork Sandwiches
Use this recipe when making our Pulled-Pork Sandwiches.
- Yield: Makes about 2 quarts
Photography: ANN STRATTON
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2007
- 2 cans (each 28 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pan juices from Pulled-Pork Sandwiches
- Freshly ground pepper
Stir tomato puree, 1 cup water, the mustard, sugar, vinegar, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and the cayenne in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved and mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Stir in pan juices; season with salt and pepper.