Crisp Rice-Almond Piecrust
The butter, brown sugar, and almonds in this crust make for a really rich flavor--it tastes like a cookie! Blind-baking before filling keeps it crisp.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves enough for one 9-inch pie
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2015
- 3 cups gluten-free rice-square cereal, such as Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons packed light muscovado sugar or light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Pulse cereal and almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter, sugar, and salt; pulse until combined. Use immediately.