Caramelized Skillet Peaches
Deliciously caramelized and juicy peaches with a hint of cinnamon and bourbon (or rum) make the dreamiest ice cream topping. Martha made this recipe on Martha Bakes episode 505.
- Servings: 4
- 4 peaches, halved, pitted, and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or dark rum (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
In a medium bowl, toss together peaches, lemon juice, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
Melt butter and sugar in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peach mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 5 minutes. If using bourbon or rum, add to skillet, and cook until reduced, about 1 minute.
Serve immediately over ice cream, if desired.