Roasted Squash with Sesame Seeds and Cumin
Put a savory spin on sweet acorn squash with cumin, coriander, and sesame seeds.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: David Prince
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2015
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 small acorn squashes (about 1 pound each), halved, seeded, and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toast sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium-high, shaking pan frequently, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cumin seeds and toast until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Transfer seeds to a small bowl; let cool.
Toss squashes with coriander, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread in a single layer; roast 15 minutes. Add sesame mixture and toss to coat, then flip slices. Roast until squashes are tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes more; serve.