Pepper Jelly Drizzle
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, adapted from Essential Emeril: Favorite Recipes and Hard-Won Wisdom From My Life in the Kitchen, Oxmoor House, 2015, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
- Yield: Makes about 3 cups
- 1⁄2 cup minced seeded red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 Fresno chiles, thinly sliced (or substitute red jalapeno or Thai chiles)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
In a food processor or blender, combine the bell pepper, crushed red pepper, and vinegar, and blend for a few seconds. Transfer to a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan and stir in the remaining ingredients. Heat over high heat until it comes to a vigorous boil that cannot be stirred down. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature undisturbed (stirring will encourage the formation of sugar crystals). Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.